The demonstrations: Having a productive strike (6 proven things to consider)
All demonstrations and strikes have a cause and usually a genuine one. Remembering my years in secondary school and high school, i have all the reasons up to now that we had all the reasons to talk or complain but how we did it is still a debate going on in my minds. So today i want to share with you what to aim at during the strike or demonstration. Usually, these words are different with strike usually resulting in destruction of items and people though demonstration results in the same ends too sometimes. Anyway, the next time you indulge in striking just like Makerere students, Kyambogo guys or Mutolere boys or the latest demonstration of non-paid nurses of Mulago hospital, bear the following in your mind.
1. Never lead a strike unless you are sure it will result in your favor. Since this is hard to determine, then the complete option is never to lead a strike. You see, there is a simple philosophy here: If what your group is fighting for is achieved, you will enjoy the benefits and if the group loses, you may escape the consequences. I know there you are saying that as a man you cannot do that, but you will understand my point when you are in the net.
2. Whenever faced with a challenge that deserves strike, make sure you have employed all other possible means to solve the issue before staging a strike. This is helpful because if the strike ends up badly, then you may support yourself that you had tried all other means but none did hear you up. There people who solve their all challenges with fighting and demonstrating. Do not be like a man who looks at all problems as nails simply because his only weapon is a hammer. Always find ways to redress issues before staging a war.
3. Always know how much you are fighting for. In other words, if a thing is not much valuable to you as an individual, reduce your speed. Some people, actually many of us, just enters demonstration even when we do not know the values of what we are demanding. Sometimes, the thing we are trying to redeem is just important to an individual who later convinces to enter the struggle and we end up fighting just for one man`s interests. So before joining, ask yourself and see if what you are about to fight for is really important to you or your loved ones. Do not just see Museveni on the street and join, see Besigye and quickly join. No, first get convinced and promised of your share of the item or valuable you are fighting for.
4. Once you have joined, do not pull back before you realize your goal. This is the mistake that most strikers make. They show their opponents that they are dangerous too and quickly pull out giving their opponents the chance to finish them off. Actually, if you go on streets to pressurize the government so you may be paid, make sure you make it a point not to go until you are paid or a concrete promise is made to you. If the strike is intended to dethrone your headmaster, do not pull out unless he is out of the school. Otherwise he will look for you even under the stones and shut up your whole life. If your strike is against a policy like Makerere guys, make sure the policy is dismantled before you settle back. Otherwise, more new policies will be made to compress the strikers.
5. Always remember to focus on achieving what you are striking for than what you encounter during the strike. Sometimes, we lose our way along the way and start focusing on individuals who are disturbing us, instead of, focusing on what made us strike in the first place. For example, students may decide to spend their three days chasing away a policeman who disturbed them on their first day of their strike against the headmaster. I remember, a driver was killed during my secondary school life and yet he had nothing to do with our problems. Do not lose your focus so much. I know some of these other items are touched so as to reach the minds of the real target, but remember to always turn back on your track once you achieve his attention again.
6. Lastly, never get involved in a strike or any demonstration. Avoid it with all your blood.
Remember, being a hero is not dying for your cause, it is trying to survive and live on despite what happens. Suicide missions are sins. That is it-Nemvicx. The Complete You Project